Scar Tissue Treatment
Scar Tissue Release:
In this two day course, you will learn in-depth myofascial release scar tissue techniques to enable you to treat the collagenous component of scar tissue. The techniques used are mostly light and gentle with the aim of improving function, condition and integration of scar tissue. As healing takes place after a surgical procedure, accident, or inflammatory disease different tissue layers adhere to one another as the body rushes to heal the wound. Scar work helps to gently release these adhesions both superficially and deep within the body, to allow better function and movement in the scar and surrounding tissues. The acquired skills can also be applied to scarring from any surgical procedure including:-
• Cesarean Section, Hysterectomy.
• Mastectomy, lumpectomy, cording.
• Hip and knee replacement.
• Tosillectomy, appendectomy.
• Heart surgery.
As well as scar tissue from inflammatory conditions.
As a result of this training you will be able to treat both deep and superficial scar tissue to:
• Reduce pain and restriction.
• Create better internal function.
• Reduce adhesions; both superficially and deep.
• Restore nerve function including numbness, pain and sensitivity.
• Enhance movement of the surrounding tissues, to reduce pulling and sticking.
This course will include components of home care techniques. Teach your patients how to do some gentle self-care at home care, to reduce the scar tissue. This will also lead to a great sense of empowerment for your patients.
As a result of this course, you will leave with the skills and the confidence to treat your patients scar tissue. Most importantly you will gain better results with existing patients. You will also be able to increase your client base because of your increased skill set.
Instuctor: Emma Gilmore, School of Bodywork